CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bread Pudding

I really don't care for bread pudding. But my husband loves it and this recipe proved to be great for him.

8 cinnamon roles (I use Rhodes cinnamon rolls, I cook them, then save one for myself and break the other seven up into small pieces into a greased crock pot.)
4 eggs
2 cups milk (I use skim)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter, or margarine
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter, or margarine
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Place bread cubes in greased slow cooker.
2. Beat together eggs and milk. Stir in sugar, butter, and raisins. Pour over bread and stir.
3. Cover and cook on High 1 hour. Reduce heat to Low and cook 3-4 hours.
4. Make sauce just before pudding is done baking. Begin by melting butter in saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add water, sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
5. Serve sauce over warm bread pudding.



Fun Garden Sandwich
Garden Fresh Cucumber
Rye Bread
8 ounce package of Cream Cheese with dried ranch dressing added.
I also will add tomato slices.
I could eat this every day, especially when the veggies are fresh.

2 comments:

TaylorClan said...

This is Meredith Taylor (Andros) here. I found your blog through Megan's, then Josh's...anyways, I am going camping this weekend, and I'm having flashbacks to when I was Cottonwood ward's YCL at girl's camp. You made scones and they were delicious! What is your recipe? Thanks a ton.

dcfeller said...

Are you the Janna Rew that lived in Maryland about 20 years? Do you remember Jolyn Feller that worked with you in YW? We hope you are the Janna we are looking for.