CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Living our lives can be like running a business

In the process of trying to sell my business, I have been amazed at the lessons I have learned and sometimes I cannot believe how much like real, life running a business is. It seems to me no matter what decision we make, good or bad, it has an impact on someone else around us. We make mistakes, and as we try to recover from those mistakes, we learn to reassess our wants, our priorities, and our needs.
I really need to sell my business, however, as I pray for that outcome, I always remind Heavenly Father that I really want healthy happy children, and grandchildren. I really would prefer that my children stay active in the church and are blessed with strong testimonies. I really want to be able to serve and find the joy in giving to others. So however things turn out with my business, it seems less crucial than the other things that take priority for eternity. So I am not certain Heavenly Father can answer my prayer of selling my business when he knows my priorities. Someone else could argue that he can grant all of these blessings and that we don't have to prioritize. That could also be true, however, my insecurities cause me to list in order the things that I need him to bless me with the most.
The bottom line right now is that I know all will be well in the end. Sometimes enduring to the end is the answer, though difficult, it is the best for us. We may liquidate and have less money, but we can learn to swallow our pride and face the challenges head on. And as Grandma Moon always says, "The scriptures tell us , it came to pass, not it came to stay."

4 comments:

the Rew Crew said...

I love Grandma Moon's words of wisdom.

I'll share the advice you gave to me (via email) when I was in Guatemala and Josh was in Africa and I was certain he was going to be abducted by rebels or die of malaria:

"This too shall pass"

And right you are....it did! Josh never got malaria and he was never abducted.

I'm so glad to see you're still blogging. Tell Brad to get with it and post something new!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA Sarah, Sometimes I think you are smokin to much baby butt rub or something... Maybe it is the air in Florida? JK... And, Mom, Your blogs are way interesting to read, but sometimes you are WAY to serious... Lets be funny for once... I mean come on... Live a little! And about the store....

"THIS TO SHALL PASS"

Take your own advice!!!

Hehe Love you!

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your blog while I was Googling. I'm also in the process of selling my small business. I haven't gotten much done, since I'm still looking around for sites to post on. I was wondering if you were able to find any good online classifieds to post your business? Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Jess -- There are a lot of resources you could use, like your local Chamber of Commerce or business brokers.

I recommend checking out BizTrader.com. It's this online global marketplace where you can invest, buy, and sell a business. It's inexpensive (and often free) to use, and if you do decide to use a broker, they post on it as well. Check it out and good luck!