CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Almond Chicken Casserole


1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Chicken Broth (You can use the soup can for a measure, I just used 1 can 14 1/2 ounce can of Chicken Broth).
4 Cups Cooked and Cubed Chicken
2 Cups Water Chestnuts, Drained
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise
2 Cups Celery
1 small Onion, Chopped
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Cups Rice, Cooked
1/2 Cup Butter (I did not use this as I just used Bread Crumbs)
1 1/2 Cups Crushed Buttery Crackers (again I just used Bread Crumbs.
1 Cup Sliced Almonds
1 Cup Colby Cheese, Shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pan over medium heat, stir together soup, broth, chicken, chestnuts, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Stir in celery, onion, salt, and rice. Combine well; pour into a buttered (I used spray Pam) casserole dish. Melt butter; mix with crushed crackers or bread crumbs. Sprinkle crackers or bread crumbs over casserole. Sprinkle with almonds and shredded cheese. Bake in preheated oven about 30 minutes.

I haven't made a casserole in years. But I couldn't think of what to have for dinner. I had all of the ingredients for this and it was a hit. Even the grandchildren ate it and enjoyed it. I served it with cooked fresh asparagus and fruit salad which added a little more color to the plate and it was a great dinner.

0 comments: