CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Snickers Salad

4-6 Snickers Candy Bars, Frozen (I only used 4)
4-6 Granny Smith Apples ( I used 3 large Fuji)
1 (8-oz) Cool Whip
1 (3-0z) package Instant Vanilla Pudding made according to directions

Core apples and cut into bite size pieces. Keep the apples cut small, it just seems to work better for all ages. You can use any apples you like, the Granny Smith are tart with the sweet candy and they stay crisp. Smash the frozen candy bars into bite size pieces while still in the wrapper. (I didn't have much success with this so I put the candy into a plastic sandwich bag and it worked great.) Mix the pudding and Cool Whip together by hand. Fold in the apples and Candy bars. Chill in refrigerator for best results.

Finally a salad for kids. I justified it for Braden's 6th birthday as the broccoli salad and others weren't as taste friendly as this one. I figure you have apples, milk, and a smile which is all that is required for healthy eating. It went over better with the adults. The kids liked it they just didn't care as much as the adults. But it's always fun to try anything to make them think you are the coolest Nanna in the world.

2 comments:

the Rew Crew said...

This looks awesome and a great way for me to hang onto those last pregnancy pounds.

I finally made the carrot rice pilaf! It was so easy, super good, and a great way for me to use the Costco sized lime-pepper seasoning I have sitting in my cupboard. Now I only have to make the dish about 10,000 more times before we use the stuff up.

Megan said...

hey, i came across your blog again and just in time too. I was in need of a cool summery dessert. It just so happened that i had a container of strawberries in the fridge. I made the strawberry whipped sensation and it did not disappoint--thanks